Vietnamese Chicken by Dietlicious
This low calorie highly nutritious dish is one of my favourites by Dietlicious. They never EVER give away their secret recipes but I some how sweet talked them into sharing with you all my favourite Vietnamese Chicken dish. Ingredients
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup (depends on personal taste)
- 1 T sesame oil
- 3 T olive oil
- Juice of 1 medium size lemon
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- 3 medium cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 15 gm fresh ginger, finely grated
- 15 gm lemongrass, chopped
- 1 or 2 fresh thai chilis (to your taste!), halved
- 2 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts (180 gm each approx.)
- ½ bunch coarsely chopped coriander
- ½ bunch coarsely chopped mint
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius
2. In a mortar and pestle, combine all of the above ingredients.
3. Score the chicken breasts lightly and rub in the marinade.
5. Place the chicken breasts in a roasting tray and into the hot oven for 15 minutes.
6. Take out chicken, letting it rest for 10 minutes then serve with steamed bok choy and choy sum.
Voila! Easy peasy mid week meal that is quick and so tasty!
If you don't have the time to even do the above, don't fear you can purchase the above dish and many others to be delivered straight to your home just go to Dietlicious