The flavour in this salad literally explodes in your mouth. It took me 20 minutes to prepare. I ripped/chopped up the vegetables and herbs and whisked together the dressing while waiting for the beef to cook and rest! Ingredients - Serves 4
- 450gm eye fillet beef
- 2 x tomatoes, sliced into 8
- 1 x lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 x long fresh red chillies, sliced on a diagonal
- 200gm mixed salad leaves (rinsed and drained)
- 1 x bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, centre veins removed, finely shredded (optional)
- 1 1/2 x tab fresh lime juice
- 1 x tab maple syrup
- 1 x tab fish sauce
- 2 x tsp sesame oil
- 1 x tsp light soy sauce
- 1 x clove garlic, crushed
- Spray your pan with olive oil spray and heat to high. Add beef and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Let it rest for 10 minutes. (I prepped the salad + veggies while waiting)
- Whisk together all the ingredients for your dressing. Set aside.
- Place the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Thinly slice steak and add to the salad.
- Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine. So fast and so easy.
NB: If you are making these for lunch the next day - line your container with paper towels, add salad leaves and coriander, top with paper towel, wrap chilli and onion separately in foil. Rinse cucumber and tomato, wrap whole piece of beef in glad wrap. (Slice cucumber, tomato and beef just before serving, add dressing at the end). This will keep it fresh for 2 days!