This recipe is loaded with superfoods. Chia, berries and coconuts. These make an amazing desert and can double for breakfast as well! It's the perfect Summer desert. Light, fresh and best of all so easy to make! Interesting fact that I learnt after creating these! Coconuts don’t actually yield milk directly. Coconut milk is made by mixing the white flesh with water, pressing and straining it. The result is an amazing vegan milk that is so creamy and delicious.
Ingredients (Makes 4)
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds (I used white for this one)
- 2 x tab honey
- 1 x tsp vanilla extract
- 1 mango (diced)
- 1 cup strawberries (sliced into quarters)
- 1/2 punnet blueberries (cut in half).
NB: You can use any fruit combination you like, bananas, kiwi fruit, grated apple and oranges all work!
- Combine coconut milk, honey, vanilla and chia seeds. Stir until combined and refrigerate overnight. (they can be refrigerated for 2-3 hours if you don't have all night. They can also be left in the fridge for 3 days maximum)
- In each serving cup, layer mango, then chia pudding mixture, repeat.
- Top with sliced berries and serve.