Green Detox Smoothie recipe
The best thing about this smoothie is it actually tastes great!! When I first made it, I was actually cringing at the thought because it sounded really gross but I was pleasantly surprised. The ingredients are also cheap and always in season which is great in my books.
Ingredients (Makes about 1.5 litre)
- 3 x cup of water
- 1 x large bunch kale
- 1 large head of cos lettuce
- 1 x apple
- 1-2 bananas (the more bananas the sweeter it is)
- 1 x Lebanese cucumber
- ½ cup x coriander
- ½ cup x parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- chia + goji berrys (to top
- Chop all of your ingredients and rinse really well.
- Pour water and cos lettuce into high speed blender, blend on low speed until pureed.
- Increase the speed and add chopped kale, blend until pureed.
- Add coriander and parsley, blend.
- Add chopped apple and bananas, blend.
- Add lemon juice and blend until smooth. You may want to add water if the consistency is not right.
- Pour into air-tight jars and top with chia + goji berries before serving.