My favourite things about Christmas
Christmas has been and gone for another year and because I am the christmassyiest person I know I wanted to share with you my favourite things about Christmas!
- Carols: This are super super important and anyone who knows me knows I pump them in the car from the 1st of December all the way to the 26th sometimes early Feb! My all time favourites are Frank Sinatra, Buble and Mariah...
- Having a real tree: This is as important as number one. There is nothing that fills me with more joy than the real pine tree smell. As I type this I have all sorts of exciting gooey feelings. If you really don’t like pine trees or are allergic Ecoya have made the most insanely amazing pine tree candle!
- Baking gingerbread men: Spending the evenings baking gingerbread men is so much fun! Now, these gingerbread men aren’t gluten, sugar-free or healthy in any way and that is what makes them AMAZING! Also don’t over bake them you want them to be a little bit soft if you pinch them. Here is the recipe I love the most.
- Giving to those in need: I am extremely passionate when it comes to charity. I have to give money to homeless people on the street or those amazing people selling “The big issue” any time of year. To me this isn’t a Christmas thing it’s an all year thing. Whether its buying a Christmas present and placing it under the donation tree at the shopping centre or being apart of a soup kitchen get involved.
- Relax: It is Christmas. Some family members are cuckoo.. Make peace with that. This time of year demands a lot from us so pour yourself a glass of bubbles and enjoy the ride. It is the season for giving so even if that’s being of service in another way than giving presents do it. Be a good listener, a good hugger, be thoughtful. This is the time to connect with the people you love.
I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas. What was your favourite moment from your Christmas/Boxing Day?