Chicken schnitzel is delicious and so versatile! Using tenderloins in this recipe eliminates the need for fatty oils. Tenderloins are a succulent cut of meat and the almond and herb coat locks in the juices. You can serve this with salad, veggies, home-made guacamole (your choices are endless).. I make a whole heap of it and use it for salads later on or on toasted chicken, lettuce and mayo sandwiches (for the people who aren't dieting).
You can also prep the schnitzels and freeze them for up to 3 months so that they're ready whenever you need them. This is a great option for those who don't want to give their kids processed foods, but are time-poor!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/2 cup almond kernels (chopped finely)
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 2 tab fresh flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 900 grams chicken tenderloins
- 3 egg whites, whisked lightly
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Prepare your oven tray by lining it with baking powder.
- Combine nuts, parsley and wheat-germ in a bowl
- Dip chicken into egg white, then nut mixture, then onto baking tray.
- Repeat until they are all finished
- Roast uncovered for 12 minutes or until chicken is brown and cooked through. Serve with side of your choice.